Current Challenge

Monday, March 27, 2017

Horse Thank You Card


Good Morning Kadoodle Bugs,

        I hope you are having a fantastic Monday so far!! : ) This morning I'm going to share a super cute card I made for my sister and Brother in Law. I used the  Christmas Ponies file to create this card. Hurry on over to Kadoodle Bug Designs website if you love this file because it is Retiring soon.



So, last week I went on vacation to Branson Missouri with my Sister, her family and in laws. While we were there, we went and saw Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. It was our first time ever going to the Dixie Stampede, it was fun and entertaining. My niece Hailey was so excited to go because she just loves horses. She was going around telling the people working there that Dolly Parton was one of her favorite country singers. I had to giggle to myself because I'm positive she doesn't know any Dolly Parton songs. I could be wrong. I wanted to make a thank you card for my Sister and Brother in Law for taking me there with them. So I decided to make them a card with horses and thought this was the perfect file for what I wanted.


To make this project I used the steps below:

  • The green base was cut at 5.79 x 5.79
  • The brown base was cut at 5.48 x 5.48
  • The cream base was cut at 5.19 x 5.19
  • I water colored the background so it looked like they were outside.
  • Then cut out and stamped some light brown pieces with a woodgrain stamp to give it an authentic wood look. The bottom wood strips were cut using the same Christmas Ponies file, I just made the pieces different sizes.
  • Then I pieced it all together to look like a barn stall.
  • And I cut out an arch in the same shade. Then stamped and inked it like the bottom part.
  • The brown horse was cut at 2.48 x 2.11
  • The pale horse  was cut at 2.28 X 3.33
  • The flowers and the Thanks sentiment were cut using some files in my Cricut Design Space.

Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:

Paper Piecing
KaDoodle Bug File:  Christmas Ponies
Cardstock: Core'dinations from JoAnn's and Recollections from Michael's.
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Brown, Black, Dune, Cocoa, Canary, Marigold, Olive, Moss green and lime.
Stampabilities Ink: Sable & Red.
Stampin Up: Soft Suede Ink 
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, foam adhesive, & red sticky tape.
Stamp Set: Stampin Up Hardwood background Stamp.
Water Color Background: Stampin Up Groovy Guava, Wisteria Wonder, More Mustard, & Pool Party.
Water Pens


I hope you enjoyed this project today and be sure to check the blog again soon to see other projects by the Design team!! If you like my work you can follow my blog or my facebook fanpage.  I hope to see you soon!

Have a blessed week !!! : )




4 comments: