Current Challenge

Friday, July 15, 2016

Camp Season

What is your favorite thing about camping? Is it getting out of the city, roasting marshmallows, spending time with the family with no technology, or the peacefulness of the outdoors?! All of the above works for me!

Hello all, DT Sonja here to host a new camping themed challenge. What we will be looking for is any camping related file used from KaDoodle Bug Designs. Make a scrapbook page of your favorite trip, a shadow box with memorabilia in it, a mini album, or even a card you would desire! 

Two weeks from today (July 15, 2016 - July 29, 2016), I will pick a winner who will be able to choose a free file of their choice! To enter please post your projects here on KBD's Challenge page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/256722621153463/

Let's get started.... For my inspirational project, I decided to make a 8 x 10 shadowbox. 

I knew I wanted a sunset scene. I grabbed my eBrush and went to work. 
 I decided to float in some clouds which I did with some simple white ink and yes, a q-tip! I didn't feel like dirtying up a paint brush for this quick addition!

 I used both the 'Camping Kawaii' and 'Hiking Kawaii' files.

After I got all the inner details done, I decided to add a more 3D effect of adding grass and rocks here and there. 

 Normally everyone in the house leaves me alone during the photo shoot time. It's boring for them, but because there were edible props (the husband was really thrown when I told him I needed just one hot dog from the store) I had an audience for this round. 
 And they enjoyed cleaning up for me!

I hope to see whatever camping inspired crafty project you come up with! To enter please post your projects here on KBD's Challenge page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/256722621153463/

To visit the KBD store for your camping files please visit: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/

Materials Used: 
KBD Files:
Camping Kawaii
Camping Kawaii
Hiking Kawaii
Hiking Kawaii
Craftwell eBrush
Sharpie Markers
Color Box white ink
Silhouette Cameo
Scotch ATG gun
Aleene's Original Tacky Glue

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love your creation !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally had time to check out all the details! Even better than I thought! Your work is always amazing! Love seeing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your creations! What program do you use? You have such wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete