Current Challenge

Monday, August 22, 2016

Back to School Stationary Box

Hello my crafty friends and Happy Monday!! Today is my day up on the blog and I am here to show you this super cute "Back to School" Stationary Box I created for my daughters teacher.  I really like how it turned out. It would also be a great project to create and give for the Holidays, Teacher Appreciation Day and the End of School year as well. Of course you can customize it for anybody really... friends, co-workers, teachers, family.....the possibilities are endless.


So here we go...... This is my "Back to School" Stationary Box. To create the base of the box, I used a file from Lori Whitlock that I had bought a few weeks back. The base of the box is made using ReCollection card stock. The patterned paper is the "Back to School" collection from Me & My Big Ideas paper pad.


As always, it was difficult to choose a KBD school file as they are all way too cute and I can never seem to be able to choose just one (lol), but I narrowed it down to the "School Day Bookworms" which you can find here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=1176
All of the paper piecings in this project were created using a combination of ReCollections and Bazzill card stock. Each were chalked with Color Box Chalk Ink as well as using an eBrush and were adhered together using Art Glitter Glue.  I also changed the file a tiny bit and added the bow to the head rather than using it as a bow tie, as my daughters teacher is female. I added a small red rhinestone to the bows and added a hint of gold glitter to the rim of the glasses. I then finished off each piece with some highlights here and there using a white gelly roll pen.




                                                     

The tag and sentiment banner were created using some banner dies I had, and the cardstock that was used was "Impression" from the Authentique "Crush" Collection. The stamped images come from the School Zone stamp set that I had in my stash from Craftin Desert Divas.  Both images were stamped using Jet Black StazOn Ink.  I added a red satin ribbon to my tag as well as three small enamel dots.  I added a red rhinestone heart to the sentiment banner to finish that off.


Once you remove the top, this is the inside of the box. The box in whole measures approximately 6"L x 2.5"W x 4.5"T and has four different compartments you can fill with all sorts of goodies if you'd like. I added a small note pad, granola bar (cause what teacher doesn't need a little snack?!?!) some paper clips, note cards, a sticky note pad, post it note flags, a small gel pen and two bookmarks.


Are these tags/bookmarks not the cutest??? I know a teacher would love to use these!! I thought these came out super cute. They each measure 2.5"W x 4"T.  The ribbons I added to each are from Celebrate It.

And there you have it...... a cute little Stationary Box perfect to give as a gift, a Thank You, pretty much any reason to put a smile on somebody's face.

I hope you enjoyed today's project post. Please make sure you come back and visit again tomorrow for some more fantastic project ideas and inspiration from our fabulously talented Design Team.  Have a fantastic day and a Crafty week!!

~ DT Jana 







1 comment:

  1. so very creative !! what teacher would not love this !!!

    ReplyDelete