Current Challenge

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hooked on You


Today I am posting for the first time on the KaDoodle Bug Designs Blog. For my project I decided to make a last tribute to summer by making a two page layout using the file, "CK Hooked on You" that can be found here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=892


I started with a piece of pumpkin cardstock as a base for each page. I then cut a wavy mat from the center of two Doodlebug "Happy Campers, Campground Critters" papers using a free cricut image from, "Cricut Fonts & Basic Shapes, and mounted the created frames onto the pumpkin cardstock base. I then created a fish border in Design Space using a free file and a fish border from Animal Kingdom. If you would like the file, you can get it here: https:us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/31635612. I added a 12 inch by  2 1/4 inch strip of "Summertime Stripe" to each border.



I used the other side of the "Campground Critters " paper to make two 4 inch by 6 inch, and two 4 inch by 4 1/2 inch mats, then mounted them on green cardstock. I then made a 1 1/2 inch border for the top of each mat with a Making Memories Maxicuts Scallop scissor, then mounted each on a brown layer.

I cut three moose using my cricut explore and inked the edges of all the pieces with colorbox inks before I assembled them. The moose are sized at 6 1/2 inches, 5 1/2 inches and 4 3/4 inches.I added camouflage to their hats using the new pattern fill feature on the explore and the "Camouflage" pattern from Prettygrafik.  I put the moose together with pop dots to give them some dimension

.

This was a really fun project to make and I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for visiting! ~ KBD DT Shirley


2 comments: