Current Challenge

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Birthday Card made with KBD Shoptastic Cuties-Birthday Cake & Cutie KaToodles Tombstone Dragon files

Hey Doodle Bug Fans,

DT Debby here to take over the KaDoodle Bug Designs blog this morning and hoping to inspire you to think about using KBD files for other uses then the season, holiday or other occasion that they were originally created for. 

Today I'm sharing with you a birthday card I made combining two different KaDoodle Bug Designs files to create the image I wanted.  I used KBD Shoptastic Cuties-Birthday Cake and weird as it may sound I also used the KBD Cutie KaToodles Tombstone Dragon

I wanted the dragon to look like the dragon was looking over the cake to the birthday person and saying the sentiment I used. 

Here are pictures of those two files from the KBD website showing how the files were originally created.  




Once again I used the SVG file to paper piece the birthday cake and dragon and I used the jpg to print and cut these files to show that you can combine files either way.  You just need to figure out where you're going to fussy cut afterwards and be patient.

 I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the icing on the paper pieced cake and accented them with some little sparkly decorations I had in my craft stash. 

 In hind sight I wish I would've added the Nuvo Crystal Drops after I put a majority of the cake together.     

In this picture you'll see that I used one of my embossing folders to put the icing on so I could set it aside to dry. 


Here it is the cake before I combined it with the dragons.
As you can see, I cut off the tombstone from the dragon.   I had to guess where I wanted to cut it off at and hand to cut up on the side of the wings to get him to sit how I wanted him to be on the cake.

First up are pictures of the paper pieced Shoptastic Cutie Birthday Cake combined with the dragon from the Cutie KaToodles Tombstone Dragon.
I just love how he looks popping over the cake like he's crashing through the candles to say "Need help lighting all these candles?"  and then you'll see the same card I made with the print and cut images. 

Used Gelly roll pen - White & Metallic Purple for accents and Wink of Stella Brush Pen - Yellow for the candle flames. 


Here he is with the white icing. 



Here's the print and cut files combined together.  
I printed both out separately  and then cut the tombstone away from the dragon to put him behind the cake and have his arms in front of the cake.  


Here's a close up of the two images together. 




Here is a quick link to the two files I used: 
Thanks for stopping by.
I hope I inspired you to try combing KBD files or to use parts of KBD files for other projects that they weren't originally created for. 

Happy Crafting
TTFN,


No comments:

Post a Comment