Current Challenge

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Rainy Day Duck Card

Good Evening Kadoodle Bug Fans,


I hope you had a great Easter Weekend!! : ) I spent the weekend with my family. Saturday we celebrated Easter with my nieces and my sister and her in laws. Sunday, we went to Church and celebrated the Resurrection of Jesus. Then we all went to my brothers house and had Easter dinner there. Then came home and relaxed for a little bit before watching When Calls the Heart. I love that show. : ) So it's been raining off and on the past few days and I thought a rainy card would be cute.  I used the Rainy Day Duck file from Kadoodle Bug Designs to create this Card.



Have you ever been somewhere and saw something that inspired you and you wanted to make it into a card or scrapbook page? Well this card was inspired by an Easter decoration I saw at Taco Bell. So I looked on Kadoodle Bug Designs website for a duck with an umbrella and found the Rainy Day Duck file. In the file, the duck is sitting in the umbrella floating on a water puddle. I just flipped the umbrella over and made the duck carry the umbrella and added some rain boots on to the duck. I wanted it to look like the duck was splashing in a puddle.


Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:

Paper Piecing
KaDoodle Bug Files:  Rainy Day Duck
Cardstock:  Coordinations & Bazzill
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Brown, Canary, Marigold, Orange, Apple Green, Fresh Green, & Dark Peony
Stampabilities: Violet
Stampin Up: Apricot Appeal, Creamy Caramel, Soft Sky & Lavender Lace.
Studio G: Blue Pigment ink
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, foam adhesive, & red sticky tape.
Fonts: Bravelove. Used the write feature on Cricut.
White Gel Pen: Uniball Signo
Micron Black ink pen: 01mm
Clear Emboss it Pen
Stampin Up: Pink Chalk
Stampin Up: Crystal Effects
Stampin up: Tempting Turquoise Embossing Powder



I hope you enjoyed this project today and be sure to check the blog again soon. Are you a Heartie fan too? And do you get inspired by seeing random items? If so let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear from you.  



Have a blessed week !!! : )



2 comments: