Current Challenge

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Octopus Mother's Day Card

Hey Kadoodle Bug Fans,


I hope you had a fantastic day today!! : ) It was such a beautiful spring day here. I got to spend some time outside today and watched a woodpecker for a little bit. I love to go outside, especially in the springtime when it's not so hot. 
So, todays project is an ocean themed Mother's Day Card.  I used a combination of two files for this project. The first file is the You are my Squishy and the second is Princess Narwhal from Kadoodle Bug Designs.



When I was a little kid, my favorite movie was The Little Mermaid. Now it would have to be Finding Nemo or Finding Dory. I just loved all the colors that they show in the ocean. I would constantly draw pictures of the ocean and make it really colorful. Dreaming of the day that I would finally get to see the ocean in person. That dream finally came true the summer of 2015. Yay!! : )
 I had so much fun creating this card!! The more I worked on it, the more excited I became and couldn't wait to see the finished result. So to create this card I combined two files You are my Squishy and Princess Narwhal. I used the Princess Narwhal file for the seaweed, starfish, shells, and I'm going to say coral. I'm not sure if that was coral or not but I made it coral for my card. Then I used the You are my Squishy file to make the Momma octopus and the little girl octopus.



Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:
Paper Piecing
KaDoodle Bug Files:  Princess Narwhal & You are my Squishy
Cardstock:  Coordinations & Bazzill
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Brown, Sand, Canary, Marigold, Orange, Apple Green, Lime, Orchid Pastel, & Dark Peony
Stampin Up: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion
Studio G: Blue Pigment ink
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, foam adhesive, & red sticky tape.
Sentiment: Hero Arts Happy Mother's Day
Stampin Up: Itty bitty backgrounds (For the sand)
White Gel Pen: Uniball Signo
Versamark Embossing Ink pad
Stampin Up: Pink Chalk
Stampin Up: Crystal Effects
Nuvo Drops: Caribbean Ocean
Stampin up: Melon Mambo Embossing Powder
Wink of Stella
Blue Crystals


I hope you enjoyed this project today and be sure to check the blog again soon.. I'd love to hear from you.  



Have a blessed week !!! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment