Current Challenge

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Fox Birthday Card

Good Evening Kadoodle Bugs,


I hope you've had a great Tuesday so far. DT Amanda here to share a birthday card I made for my Mom. Her birthday was Sunday, but we aren't celebrating until tomorrow so my Brother and Nieces can be there. I used the Girly Girl Fox and the Woodland Foxes files to create this card.



So, last week I kept struggling to figure out a birthday card to make my Mom. I've been making cards since 2011 and I always make something different. Finally, Friday night I figured out I'd make one with a Fox on it holding a cupcake. I looked through the fox files on Kadoodle Bug Designs website and I thought the one with the girl fox holding nail polish would be perfect. I just replaced the nail polish with a cupcake. I thought the Fox would look cute in the woods so, I used the Woodland Foxes file to create the tree stump and the mushrooms.

**** I want to make note of something before I start the project steps I used. For some reason my Cricut cut out pieces in different sizes. I'm not sure what happened but it did this recently on another project too. So most pieces cut out smaller than they were supposed to and a few pieces cut out at the normal size. I had cut everything out and put everything away before I saw that it wasn't the right size so I went with it. Below I'm going to give you the sizes I designed it at since I don't know the size it truly cut it at.****


To make this project I used the steps below:

  • The bases are from the Cricut Alphabet Doily # 7
  • Blue base was cut at  6.08 x 6.02
  •  Darker Purple base was cut at 5.62 x 5.57
  • Light Purple was cut at 5.63 x 5.57
  • The Purple ring was cut at 4.61 x 4.57.
  • I sliced the circle into a ring so it created a border around the fox and stump.
  • Then I got a little purple happy and sponged the background lightly with purple. And inked the blue doily circle and the ring in purple as well.
  • I inked the stump with shades of brown and embossed it in gold with a woodgrain stamp.
  • Then I stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday Sentiment on the background.
  • The grass is in Design Space under Spring Seasonal.
  • The Fox is cut at 2.2 x 3.25.
  • Then I added Nuvo drops on for the nail polish and the sprinkles on the cupcakes.

Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:

Paper Piecing
KaDoodle Bug Files:  Woodland Foxes & Girly Girl Fox
Cardstock:  DCWV The Cardstock pack Brights 8 x 8  & Stampin Up
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Brown, Black, Wisteria, Fresh Green, Moss Green, Dark Peony, Rose Coral, & Rouge.
Stampabilities Ink: Sable & Violet.
Studio G: Blue 
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, foam adhesive, & red sticky tape.
Stamp Set: Stampin Up Woodgrain background Stamp & Sky is the Limit Birthday Sentiment.
White Gel Pen: Uniball Signo
Micron Black ink pen: 01mm
Embossing powders: Wow Purple Metallic & Stampin Up Gold Glory
Nuvo Drops: Crystal Drops Red Berry & Crushed Grape


I hope you enjoyed this project today and be sure to check the blog again soon to see what else the Design Team comes up with.  I hope to see you soon!



Have a blessed week !!! : )



No comments:

Post a Comment