Current Challenge

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Get Well Card | Design Team Craftiella

Hello KaDoodlers!
Today I am sharing a super cute "Get Well Soon" card I made for a close friend. She is well now but I still want to send some heartfelt words her way. For this card I used the Cutie KaToodles "Get Well Soon Mice".


The file includes three super cute mice with adorable eyes and a bowl of delicious soup! It is so versatile! I always do scrapbook layouts since cards intimidate me but I wanted to challenge myself and make a card using this paper piecing.
For the card base I used this polka dot paper by Core' Dinations. It is called "Light Pink Multidot" and you can find it at JoAnns. The colors are way adorable and it is canvas textured! I trimmed it to 6"x12" and scored it down the middle horizontally so I could get a 6"x6" card base.
Next, for a card mat layer I used the "Candy Retro" paper pad by Recollections, which I absolutely love this paper pad! The card mat was cut at 5.75" squared. I inked the edges of the card front with a purple ink. Then I layered that on top and finally added my paper piecing. I chose to use the mouse with the thermometer which is called "Get Well Mouse" and it comes with the sentiment.
To detail my paper piecing I chalked all the pieces using ColorBox  Chalk Inks. I added some Wink of Stella to the thermometer and used my white Gelly Roll pen to add some highlights! I love my light coming from the top left. For the eyelashes I used a precision pen by Project Life. I used the same pen to add a faux straight stitch around the card layer. And lastly for the bling that adds the umph! I used some sequins from the dollar store.
Well, that is it you guys! I had so much fun creating this card and using these colors! I feel like it really pops out. Thanks so much for stopping by and if there is anything you would like to see me create please leave a comment here or on the Facebook fan page! Have a beautiful day fellow crafters.
Crafty Hugs ~ Craftiella, Gabriela

No comments:

Post a Comment