Current Challenge

Friday, November 11, 2016

Holiday Shaker Ornaments


Hey there KaDoodle Bugs...... I hope everybody is having a great week. DT Jana stopping by today to share my latest creation. For today's post, I decided to get a start on some Holiday goodies. I created two Christmas Shaker Ornaments. Aren't these just the cutest?!?!  What's better is that they don't need to be used as just ornaments, you can turn them into gift tags of a decorative piece on a gift if you'd like as well.  The options are unlimited.


To start off, I couldn't resist using the adorable images of the Snowman and Penguin from the Whimsical Inklings DS Icicle Pals. You can find these images here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63&products_id=1504
I colored these cuties up with my Prismacolor Pencils. 


The card stock used for these are ReCollections card stock (white) and the patterned card stock is from the DCWV Elegant Holiday pad. I used my "Stitched in Circles" dies from Craftin Desert Divas to cut out many layers of my ornament which were then stacked one by one on top of each other to create somewhat of an open pocket for my shaker elements.

My background was created using Tim Holtz Distress Ink and a bit of Chalk Ink which I simply brushed on using a sponge. Because I didn't want all of my sequins and beads to fall and stay on the bottom of my ornament, I glued some of them onto the background and also added some some Stickles and Liquid Pearls for a snow effect. I also added some snowflake stickers I picked up from Creatology which were the perfect design and color with the color scheme I was going with.


Now I didn't want my snowman and penguin to be glued down.... I wanted to give the effect of them being able to bounce/move around without them turning upside down of course, lol. So I added a piece of transparent thread to back of them and attached the ends to the top and bottom of my frame loose enough to let my critters be able to bounce around a bit. It also gives them somewhat of a 3D effect, although you really can't tell that well in the pics (sorry). 

Once my snowman and penguin were added and secured, I then added some more sequins and seed beads to my shaker element before closing it up with a piece of acetate.  To finish off my shaker ornament, I added some white and silver twine and two silver bells. 

I LOVE how they turned out!!! And again, they don't need to be used as just ornaments. It would be very easy to add a cute sentiment or a To/From on the backside of this, so that you could use it as a gift tag or a decorative piece on a lovely wrapped gift.

The items I used to created these shaker ornaments are as follows:
KBD - Whimsical Inklings DS Icicle Pals: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=63&products_id=1504
ReCollections Cardstock - White
DCWV - Elegant Holiday Paper Pad
Prismacolor Premier Pencils
Acetate
Art Glitter Glue
Stitched in Circle Dies (Craftin Desert Divas)
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shaded Lilac)
Color Box Chalk Ink (French Blue)
Snowflake Stickers (Creatology)
Stickles
Liquid Pearls
Sequins - Shimmer & Fairy Dust (Craftin Desert Divas)
Seed Beads (ReCollections)
Twine (ReCollections)
Transparent Thread (Coats & Clark)

I hope that you enjoyed this creation today. Thank you for stopping by and make sure you visit again soon for more inspiration and project ideas from our fabulously talented Design Team. Have a wonderful and crafty weekend!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment