Current Challenge

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

BOO!!!!!


Happy Wednesday KaDoodle Bugs!!! We are half way through the week....Yay!!!! DT Jana here today to share another Halloween decor project I created.  Today's creation is a sign I created using some of the cut files from the "Happy Halloween" file which you can find here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60&products_id=1527

To start off, I used three (3) Art Minds Wooden Laser Cut Frames which measure 4" x 6". I used my eBrush and my Spectrum Noir Marker (PL5) to add the purple color to each.  For my "B-O-O" letters (which were already black), I added some Reeves Acrylic Orange Paint to make them stand out and give them that Halloween look I was going for.

While I let all of that dry, I started on my cut files. I used the spider, two of the pumpkins, the ghost and frankenstein from the Happy Halloween file.  I used my Cricut Explore to cut all of my pieces. I them shaded them using Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Seedless Preserves, Crushed Olive, Black Soot, and Spiced Marmalade). All pieces were adhered using Art Glitter Glue. I used a White Gelly Roll Pen to add some small highlights to each. I added some Glossy Accents to some areas of my spider and I used Silver Liquid Pearls on areas of  my frankenstein to help him pop.

Once those were done and set to dry, I decided that I wanted my letters to somewhat look free floating in the middle of my frames. I used Beadalon Supplemax Monofilament Illusion Cord to achieve this effect. I them used some Halloween ribbon from Celebrate It, which I had in my stash to attach each of the frames together. I made a bow using black mesh ribbon (also in my stash) and added it to the top frame. I added a small orange Halloween Gem Star to the middle of the bow to finish it off.  

To complete my decor, I then adhered all of the cut files to the frame.  Overall, I think it turned out pretty good.  It makes for a great decor piece to hang and display on the door or just display on a wall somewhere if your looking to decorate for the Holiday.

I hope you enjoyed today's creation. Make sure you stop by again for more inspiration and project ideas from the fabulously talented KBD Design Team. Have a fantastic and crafty day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment