Current Challenge

Friday, July 22, 2016

Lazy Days of Summer

Hello and Happy Friday Doodle Bugs!!!   I don't know about everybody else, but I happen to LOVE Summer!!  I love being outdoors and there is always so much to do on beautiful Summer days. When I'm not running around shopping, taking the kids to camp, going to a festival or B-B-Q or attending the tons of other Summer festivities that are going on, I enjoy having "Lazy" days too.  Hanging out poolside or at the Beach is one of my most favorite Summertime activities and makes for great pics for lots and lots of scrapbooking memories.

With that being said, I am sharing a single page layout I created and titled, "Lazy Days of Summer". 
I used the Summer Lovin' Penguins file which you can find here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60&products_id=1190
as it works perfectly for this theme (and who wouldn't want these adorable penguins in their layout! They are just too cute!!!)


This is a 12 x 12 single page layout (although, I really think I am going to have to make a second page to go with it as these files are way too cute and I know I already have a ton of pics that are not developed yet, but that I will want to use).  The patterned paper I used for the base, frame and die cut letters of my title are from Sunlight Galore Paper Pad from ReCollections.  My paper piecings are all made using Bazzill and ReCollections card stock, which were all cut using my Cricut Explore. Before adhering the pieces together with my Art Glitter Glue, I used both my eBrush as well as some Color Box Chalk Inks to shade my pieces. I added some highlights using a white Gelly Roll pen and also added a bit of glossy accents to the penguins sunglasses to add a little bit more definition and texture.

I am very happy with how it turned out and can't wait to start creating some more layout. I hope you enjoyed today's project. Feel free to stay and look around at some of the past projects from the KBD DT.  They are all loaded with tons of great inspiration and awesome ideas. 
Have a fantastic and crafty weekend!!

~ DT Jana 

No comments:

Post a Comment