Current Challenge

Friday, January 22, 2016

Owl Birthday Card


Hello KaDoodle Bugs! Today I am showing how a file can be used for something other than what it was originally intended.  I used the "New Year Owls" file to make a pop up birthday card for my owl crazy granddaughter. 

New Year Owls


Outside of Card




I started with a scalloped circle card from Cricut that I sized to 5 inches. I also used files from Cricut for my sentiment mat (2 1/8") and the branch (3 1/2"). The font used is a system font. One inch up from the bottom of the card I added a 1 inch strip of green flowered paper with a 3/8 inch wide, blue, striped ribbon down the middle. 

I made my owl 2 1/2 inches tall. I added green sequins to the breast of my owl and gave her 3/8 inch googly eyes. The balloons were attached with thin wire. As a final touch, I added three paper flowers to the bottom right.


The inside owl was made 4 1/2 inches tall. It has 1/2 inch googly eyes. The sentiment mat (3" x 3 3/8") is from Cricut and the font is a system font. As a final touch I added some flourishes from "Bright Flourishes" by EK Success. Thanks for stopping by! ~ DT Shirley

3 comments: